We provide Nerve Integrity Monitoring for many neurosurgical procedures.
Clinicians at the Head & Spine Institute of Texas are highly-specialized in Nerve Integrity Monitoring of the cranial nerves, cerebral cortex, brainstem, spinal cord, and peripheral nerve function. These advanced tests provide critical information about your baseline neurological functions as well as intraoperative functional loss, allowing your surgeon to assess the situation and take prompt corrective action.
IONM tests relevant for your neurological surgery may include:
- somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs)
- cortical mapping
- cranial nerve monitoring with electromyography (EMGs) and motor evoked potentials (MEPs)
- brainstem auditory evoked potentials (BAEPs)
- electroencephalograms (EEGs)
These procedures are important to consider if you are undergoing neurological surgery for any of the following:
- Craniotomy (to enable tumor removal)
- Spinal Cord Neoplasms
To learn more about our Nerve Integrity Monitoring services, please contact us at 972-985-9048 or complete our contact form.