ONM for Neurovascular Surgeries
We provide neurovascular checks and status monitoring during high-risk procedures.
IONM clinicians from the Head and Spine Institute are highly-specialized in providing neurovascular checks and status updates during procedures that put cerebral and spinal vasculature at risk. We use advanced tests to determine your baseline neurological functions before the operation, enabling us to alert your surgeon to changes that may require a prompt corrective response to mitigate post-operative damage.
IONM tests relevant for your neurovascular surgery may include:
- somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs)
- brainstem auditory evoked potentials (BAEPs)
- electroencephalograms (EEGs)
- cranial nerve monitoring with electromyography (EMGs) and motor evoked potentials (MEPs)
These procedures are important to consider if you are undergoing surgery for any of the following:
- Microvascular Decompression
- Intra/Extramedullary Spinal cord tumors
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Brachial Plexus nerve injury
- Selective Dorsal Rhizotomies
- Posterior Fossa Decompression for Arnold Chiari Malformations
- Acoustic Neuroma/Vestibular Schwanoma
For more information regarding our neurovascular checks and status monitoring, please contact us online or call 972-786-6167.